Short term insurance plans can help you get covered from 30 to 180 days, and up to 364 days in many states. Designed to help protect you from the costs of the unexpected, they are helpful if you are between jobs with employer-provided coverage, a new hire awaiting the start of employer-provided coverage, or between open enrollment periods.
- Typically have lower premiums than major medical coverage
- Convenient, and tailored to your needs
- Allow for customizing length of plan
- Offer several deductible and co-pay options
- May allow for reapplication after coverage expires (option not available in all states)